Friday, January 3, 2014

New trend: Bento Lunches

Maybe I'm behind here, but I recently discovered something called Bento Lunches. It appears that a crafty mother, or father, decided to spruce up their child's lunchbox by creating themed lunches. They are kind of cute, but just imagine the time one must spend in the kitchen with cookie cutters and paring knives to create such a scene?! Here are a few of my favorites:


Spooky Halloween Bento.


Easter Bento. . .you had better hope those eggs are perfectly boiled. If not - you fail as a human.


That is just awesome.

I have to say that I love the creativity here. However, as an educator, I have seen the disturbing ways children treat food at school. They literally throw their lunch boxes into our lunch basket sometimes. Of course, I ask them not to, but I can't help but think what a terrible waste of time a bento might be for a child's lunch.
An ADULT'S lunch on the other hand, well, that's another story!

Ninja? Absolutely.

Pandas? Of course.

My personal favorite. I love this beyond words.
I don't think I'll be Bento-ing any time soon, because it's all I can do to actually think about lunch before 7:30 the morning I am packing it, but I can appreciate the efforts. Do you Bento? I'd love to see what you have created!

No comments:

Post a Comment